Association of Pharmacy
Technicians UK (APTUK)
The Professional Leadership Body for Pharmacy Technicians
Published: 27th September 2017
This is a social media campaign to raise the profile of the profession. It was started in America, by the PTCB and runs annually. They plan to roll out an international campaign next year, however they have dropped the word “national” from their promotional material this year and are happy to share their resources with pharmacy teams outside the USA.
APTUK encourages Pharmacy Technicians to share the wonderful work they do each day in raising the bar to ensure patient safety! Here’s how you can get involved
To celebrate #RxTechDay and to showcase the work that you and your technician teams do, APTUK would love you to send in photos to us from October 1st to go onto the website (send to firstname.lastname@example.org). Download the poster from the link below, have your photo taken and share with us to show you will be celebrating – here’s our President Tess Fenn showing you how it’s done.
You may also choose to share your photo on social media using #RxTechDay on 17th October and showcase what you are doing on the day. Print off and fill in the poster here to use in your photo. Don't forget to tag us too! @APTUK1
Disclaimer - By sharing your photo with APTUK you agree to allow us to use it in our marketing material and to share it with PTCB in celebration of #RxTechDay
This is the first day in the UK but this event has been celebrated in the US since 2012. Pharmacy Technicians and pharmacy team members submitted a total of 182 pharmacy team photos from across the US, have a look at he event via the link below:
This year, you can download graphics for your website and print posters to advertise the day.
Get Social: Talk about your role as a Pharmacy Technician on your pharmacy team, and use
#RxTechDay @APTUK1 on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and other social media.
#JoinUs @APTUK1: Urge colleagues to promote the benefits of APTUK membership and direct them on how to join their professional body
Visit the CPPE websiteto participate in Pharmacy Technician day challenges
Join in the @WePharmacists #WePh hosted tweet chat on from 8pm on the evening of 17th October
Make patients more aware of the important role technicians play in their health care! Here are a few simple ideas for activities in your pharmacy:
• Decorate Your Pharmacy: Let everyone know its Pharmacy Technician Day.
• Create a Poster: Display a poster showing photos and names of technicians on your team.
• Co-ordinate Special Health Events: Set up an event to conduct inhaler technique reviews or other pharmacy-based patient care services.
• Host a Party for the Community: Invite community members to come for refreshments.
• Serve Lunch: Host a special lunch event for pharmacy technicians and team members.
• Make Announcements: Use Internal communications to showcase how pharmacy technicians are raising the bar for patient safety
• Review Information on Medications: Offer your patients a chance to discuss their medication and showcase the importance of their understanding all medications they take. Print off resources for patients to take away.
• Educate the Public on Pharmacy Technicians' Roles: Set up a display at your pharmacy, hospital, or other practice location that highlights some key roles of pharmacy technicians and how patients can better utilise the knowledge of their pharmacy staff.