Members sign in

Forgotten your password?

I am a Pharmacist/Pharmacy Technician with an overseas qualification. Can I work as a Pharmacy Technician in the Great Britain?

To work as a Pharmacy Technician in Great Britain (England, Scotland and Wales) you must be registered with the General Pharmaceutical Council (GPhC) which is the Pharmacy regulator. They set the criteria for registration. This includes:

a) Qualifications- NVQ level 3 Diploma in Pharmacy Service Skills (QCF) and Level 3 Diploma in Pharmaceutical Science or approved or accredited equivalent.

b) Work experience requirements- the equivalent of 2 years working under the supervision of a Pharmacist. (The criteria is quite complicated so please visit the GPhC website)

c) Fitness to practice declaration.

APTUK does not have the resources to map overseas qualifications to determine equivalency. For further information please visit GPhC’s website: